Saturday, June 12, 2010

Look Who's Back in the Blogosphere

Where, oh where have I been? It's been ages since I've blogged (OK, maybe it's only been less than a week, but I haven't been frequent in my posts).

The main reason for my absence? School. Funny how it entirely takes over life, huh? Between finals and homework and other school-related events, I've been completely too busy. Ah, high school...But now that it's summer (freedom!), I'm planning on spending some time doing what I want to.

What else have I been up to over this choppy semi-leave of absence?

a) I've been watching Glee. Yes, a lot of Glee. Even though the second season wasn't quite as good as the first, there's been some great new music (LOVE Puck's version of "Beth"), some great new friendships (Mercedes and Quinn--hello!), amazing drama (Finn and Kurt? Rachel's mom? Quinn's baby?) and some great new Sue-isms (gotta love her).


b) Make it or Break It. It's an obsession. Seriously. Gymnastics, scandal, romance...it's all right there. And a new season is starting on June 28 at 9 on ABC Family. *Squeeee!*
c) The World Cup. If you're not watching, get your butt over to a TV and tune in to the biggest soccer event (hosted in South Africa this year) in the world. Now. Italy's my number one (as always), with Spain and Portugal following close behind. Let's do it again, guys!

d) Music. I'm always plugged into my iPod, especially during study time (which there's been a lot of lately). Recently I've been loving Marina and the Diamonds' debut album The Family Jewels. There's tons of lovable British wit and humor in her lyrics, and I love the alternative sounds. Definitely check 'em out!

d) Sports. Aiyiyi. I've been taking ballet recently and I'm pretty into it. My latest session just ended, but my friend and I are looking into taking it this summer. I'm a competitive horseback rider of ten years, as you may know, and I'm training hard for the upcoming summer show season! I've also been thinking of trying out for club volleyball, so I've been practicing my skills (or lack thereof) on a daily basis. Unfortunately, you have to be good to make the team. So I need to keep on practicing.

Between all of that and my family and friends, it's been hard staying committed to this blog. But don't worry. I'm not giving up yet. There's a stack of books to be reviewed larger than the Empire State building in my room, and I've got lots of plans for Bookworm Readers this summer: I'm planning on reformatting and possibly giving the blog a makeover, and I've got lots of contest and interviews squared away. I've also been thinking of starting up a photo blog--I'm a major lover of photography, and I'd love a creative outlet. Thoughts? Comments? Recommendations? Encouragment? Let 'em at me!

I know I've not been the most regular blogger lately, but please stick with me--you don't want to miss what's coming up!

xo,
Claire
aka Bookworm

4 comments:

Sara said...

Ohh Italy's my favorite soccer team too! And has been as long as I remember! Spain & Portugal is great too, plus a few other countries ;) It's so fun to watch the world cup, but it is a bit boring that my home country didn't qualify this year.. :(

Barrie said...

Yikes. What happened to the text? Just cheking in, Bookworm. Still loving my book trailer!!

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Um, yeah, dingbats or whatever are not readable text! :(

Bookworm said...

Oh, it was Webdings font--apparently it doesn't show up on some computers (I have a Mac, so it didn't appear to be a problem). Thanks for notifying me!