Thursday, January 13, 2011

Unbelievable


Author: Sara Shepard
Series: Pretty Little Liars, Book 4
Pages: 335
Published: HarperTeen, 2008
Genre: Mystery/Contemporary fiction
Cover Score: A
Overall Grade: A

Thanks to the intervention of a mysterious stalker named "A", four girls living a privileged lifestyle are going through hell. Emily's been shipped off to ultra-conservative Iowa, Aria's boyfriend is behind bars--because of her, Spencer is afraid that she was involved in Ali's murder, and Hanna is hardly clinging to life in the hospital--because she knew too much. With increased threats and dangerous secrets, these girls have everything to lose. But can they get to the bottom of the mystery of A's identity before someone else gets hurt? And how is A related to the murder of their best friend, Alison?

My thoughts: Why, oh why, didn't I start reading this series earlier? I'm absolutely hooked. Unbelievable was unbelievably good, full of twists and turns and jaw-dropping secrets.
The book was packed chock-full of fast-paced action, heart-pounding mystery, and quick-moving drama. The 4 main characters are well-developed and realistic, and the book is detailed enough so that I felt like I was witnessing the events firsthand.
I don't want to give too much away, so I'll just say that a major secret (ahem--A's identity!) is revealed in this book. Unbelievable left me with some big questions that I can't wait to uncover in the next novel, Wicked. Don't wait like I did: start reading this series as soon as you can get your hands on a copy: I can guarantee that you won't be able to put it down!

Other books in this series:

No comments: