Monday, March 29, 2010

The Monday Muse: Interview with Wendy Toliver


Today's muse: Wendy Toliver
Author of: Miss Match (review here)
-------------
Bookworm: Welcome, Wendy! To start, will you please tell us what your inspiration was for Miss Match?
Wendy: I've always loved playing match maker, so that's the main inspiration. Also, I wanted to write a great story that dealt with a sisterly relationship because I have such a great one with my sister.

Bookworm: Were any of the book characters based off of real people?
Wendy: Not really. My character are sometimes a combination of traits in people I find interesting. With Sasha, my aim was to create a girl who was very relatable and smart, but not superskinny and gorgeous like so many main characters in young adult novels.

Bookworm: Have you ever played matchmaker in real life?
Wendy: Yes! Always! In high school I was always fixing my girlfriends up with guys, and in college a couple actually ended up married! I have several divorced friends right now that I'm always looking for guys to fix them up with. Oh, and my mom said she might consider dating someone now so I'm on a mission!

Bookworm: What was your favorite high school experience?
Wendy: Oh so many! I really enjoyed being in "The Music Man". I wasn't anyone important, I can't even remember what my old lady character's name was. But my friend Amy sat front and center and was falling off her chair laughing at me and that felt so good because I was trying to be funny. Another wonderful memory was playing basketball when I had the flu. I had to go off the court and throw up several times, but for some strange reason, I did really well and got MVP.

Bookworm: What's next, book-wise?
Wendy: Lifted. I can't tell you how excited I am about this book. It comes out June 8, and it's about a girl who moves to a small religious town in Texas and ends up in a shoplifting clique. You can read about it here.

Bookworm: Will you be writing any more Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies in the future?
Wendy: Hmm, I'm not sure. Maybe!

Bookworm: What was the last thing you read and loved?
Wendy: Let's see...the last thing I read and loved would have to be Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.

Bookworm: What can't you leave home without?
Wendy: Chapstick or lip gloss, and a pen and notepad (to jot ideas down as they come to me).
--------------------
Thanks so much, Wendy!
Visit Wendy online here, and don't forget to check out Lifted, coming June 8!

2 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Great interview. This sounds way cute.

English Rose ♥ said...

Great interview!

I'll add you to my links right after this comment =]

Merci beaucoup for stopping by darling =]

Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
English Rose x
http://iammanenglishrose.blogspot.com