I'm so honored to be a part of bestselling author Sarah Mlynowski's summer blog tour for her recent YA release, Gimme A Call (read my review here). Today, Sarah will be telling us about what to indulge in this summer--and more importantly, what to read!
MY SUMMER OBSESSIONS
Things I am obsessed with this summer: taupe nail polish (so pretty), Whole Foods homemade tortilla chips (try one now. Trust me), Fresh bath products (the lemon scent), GLEE )why didn't anyone tell me how awesome it was so I could have started watching it from the beginning? Oh, right, everyone did. Well, why didn't I listen?) and these seven books:
1. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. So sad and beautiful. So well done. You've probably already read it (it's been on the NYT list for months now) but if you haven't, you want to pick it up before the movie and sequel come out, don't you? I promise it'll make you cry. I don't want to give too much away, but it's a paranormal romance about a girl, a horrible accident, and the power of love.
2. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Also sad and beautiful! Also about loss and love. Although this one has a love triangle. Or maybe a love rectangle. Regardless of the shape, an excellent read.
3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver. It doesn't pub until February 2011, but I scored an ARC at Book Expo. So glad I did. It's a dystopian Romeo-and-Juliet story, and it blew me away. Also it made me cry.
4. Thirteen Plus One by Lauren Myracle. Thank goodness--no crying! Only uncontrollable giggles. This is the fourth book in the Winnie Years series. If you haven't already read the first three, go do
that now. I'll wait. La, la, la, la. Done? Good. Now go read Thirteen Plus One. You want to read about "nekkid boy bottoms", don't you? Of course you do.
5. One Day by David Nicholls. A guy and a girl. Every July 15th for twenty years since the first July 15th they met. Judging from the insane amount of press this paperback is receiving, I'm not the only one obsessed with this smart and bittersweet book.
6. Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter. The fourth book in the Gallagher Girls series is just as awesome as the first three. Danger! Adventure! Romance! Fun! Cutest covers ever! Start with number one, but have number two on hand because you're going to want it ASAP.
7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I'm only on page ten. But already--wow. Like with Glee, I'm a bit late to the, um, game. But why didn't anyone tell me? Oh right, they did. Anyway. Need to finish book one and two before the final book comes out in August.
If you need me I'll be in the bath, eating tortilla chips, listening to the Glee soundtrack, admiring my toenail polish, and catching up on my reading.
Thanks so much to Sarah and Meg O'Brien of Random House Children's Books for including me in the tour!
Become a fan of Gimme A Call on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gimmeacall
Watch out for Sarah! She'll be stopping by Ally Carter's blog next, so keep your eyes peeled!