Monday, November 10, 2008

The Monday Muse: 60 Seconds With....Christine Hurley Deriso


Today's Muse: Christine Hurley Deriso
Author of: Talia Talk
Starring in: A 60-Second Interview
-----------
Bookworm: What was your favorite part of writing Talia Talk?
Christine: My favorite part of writing TT was capturing moments I noticed or language I overheard from my teens and their friends and sneaking them into the book.

Bookworm: How long did it take you to write Talia Talk?
Christine: It took me about four months to write, but my editor wanted some major revisions, so rewriting it took just as long.

Bookworm: What book are you currently at work on?
Christine: I'm currently working on a young-adult novel about a teen whose sister died before she was born. She spends the summer reading her sister's journal and discovering all kinds of secrets about her life.

Bookworm: What are you currently listening to on your iPod?
Christine: Some current favorites are Death Cab for Cutie, Elliott Smith (RIP), Steely Dan, Emmylou Harris, and Ray Davies.
-----------
Hope you enjoyed your 60 seconds with the fabulous Christine! Don't miss her latest book, Talia Talk, bopping into bookstores tomorrow! Congratulations, Christine, on the new release and thank you for the interview!
To read a review of Talia Talk, click here.

No comments: