Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cover Love (8)

It's the 8th week of my newest feature, Cover Love! The point of Cover Love is to find, each week on Tuesday, 2 covers of new, old, or upcoming children's, MG, YA, or adult books that we just adore! Please feel free to participate, just as long as you link back here to Bookworm Readers!
This week's picks are (saw Julie & Julia today--it was wonderful, by the way--and am in a foodie mood!):

1) Dear Julia by Amy Bronwen Zemser

I simply adore this cover. My favorite part is the face made out of food, which is perfect, seeing as this book is mainly about cooking (my full review here). This is probably one of my all-time favorite covers, and it was a cute read, too!

2) Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee
This cover has chocolate on it. Enough said!....OK, OK. I just love this cover because it is so sweet (no pun intended), simple, and all the chocolates stand for something in the novel. Plus, this one makes me hungry every time I see it! (My review here)

Well, this was the last Cover Love of the summer (boo hoo!), but I'll see you back next Tuesday for more cover-judging! (:

5 comments:

Thao said...

Dear Julia looks so yummy, it can be mistaken for a cookbook :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

I'm a total foodie so I love both of these covers.

I don't know if you follow The Infinite Shelf but you should check out her review of Artichoke:

http://infiniteshelf.wordpress.com/2009/08/17/review-artichokes-heart/

Kirthi said...

yummmmmm, the second one is delicious

Peaches said...

That chocolate one looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

i just put the artichoke book on my tbr list at the library after reading several good reviews for it! seeing it here makes me hungry for chocolate and happy i'll be getting my hands on it soon!!!

one of my favorite book covers is 'all we ever wanted was everything'. the book was only so-so, but the cover? perfection!