Sunday, August 2, 2009

In My Mailbox!

Hey, everyone! I haven't done "In My Mailbox" (created by the awesome Story Siren) recently because I was on vacation for two weeks, but here is the grand total for the past three weeks:

Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors
   Manhattan meets Verona in this time-bending twist on Shakespeare.
   When Mimi is magically thrust into the middle of Shakespeare's Verona, she must find a way to help Juliet fight for her future happiness. Will she be able to give this classic tragedy a happy ending?
Well, I recently read Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne and loved it, so when I saw this one at Borders, I had to get it. Plus, doesn't the summary just sound amazing? I loved the whole time traveling, Manhattan-to-Verona aspect!


Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
   After staking out, obtaining, and then being forced to give up her first boyfriend, all Cammie Morgan wants is a peaceful semester. But that's easier said than done when you're a CIA legacy and go to the premier school in the world...for spies.
   Cammie may have a genius IQ, but there are still a lot of things she doesn't know. Like, will her ex-boyfriend even remember she exists? And how much trouble is she really in after what happened last semester? And most of all, why is her mother acting so strangely?
   Despite Cammie's best intentions to be a normal student, danger seems to follow her. She and her best friends learn that their school is going to play host to some mysterious guests--code name: "Blackthorne". Then she's blamed for a security breach that leaves yhe schools' top-secret status at risk.
   Soon Cammie and her friends are crawling through walls and surveilling the school to learn the truth about Blackthorne and clear Cammie's name. Even though they have confidence in their spy skills, this time the targets are tougher (and hotter), and the stakes for Cammie's heart--and her beloved school--are higher than ever.
I wasn't too impressed by the first book, but I decided to give this one a try. How can you resist a book about a school for spies??

Evermore by Alyson Noël
   Since the car accident that claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras and hear people's thoughts, an she goes out of her way to hide from other people until she meets Damen, another psychic teenager who is hiding even more mysteries.
This one just sounds awesome. I am so excited to check it out, especially after hearing all the high praise it's been getting from what seems like everyone! Plus, I just love that cover--it's so pretty!

Rosie and Skate by Beth Ann Bauman
   New Jersey sisters Rosie, aged fifteen, and Skate, aged sixteen, cope differently with their father's alcoholism and incarceration, but manage to stay close to one another as they strive to lead normal lives and find hope for the future.
I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds really cool. I look forward to reading it and seeing what it's all about!

Meridian by Amber Kizer
   On her sixteenth birthday, Meridian is whisked off to her great-aunt's home in Revelation, Colorado, where she learns that she is a Fenestra, the half-human, half-angel link between the living and the dead, and she must learn to help human souls to the afterlife before the dark forces reach them.
This one definitely sounds cool, so I'm really excited to begin. It's not every day that you find a book about a half-angel girl that's kind of dark, but mostly awesome!

The Monster Variations by Daniel Kraus
   On his way to State University, nineteen-year-old James runs into a former friend and is immersed into memories from the year they were twelve and learned that monsters exist in the world--and within themselves.
This looks totally intense! I'll have to check it out to see...
*******
All in all, it was a good 3 weeks, mailbox-wise! (: 

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. Evermore is really good. Hope you enjoy reading all the books you got this week.

ReaderGirl said...

I loved Evermore, hope you do too! Have you checked out the soundtrack on Alyson's site? it to is amazing! xP

I got Meridian too! Cant wait to get started....

Enjoy!

xoxoxo

RG

a flight of minds said...

Meridian sounds really interesting, and so does The Monster Variations. Evermore is good. :) Happy reading!

- Alex

Briana said...

You got a lot of awesome books! :)

-Briana

ReggieWrites said...

Everything looks amazing...I can't wait to read Meridan!!! As for Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, it was my favorite of all three books...definitely.

Happy Reading!

Kristen said...

I want Meridian! *whines* Okay, I can wait. Until I narrow down these books I have stacked high waiting to be read. Great books this week! I hope you enjoy them!

Windowpane Memoirs said...

You got a lot of books. I will read Meridian soon. Enjoy!


Peace
Michelle

prophecygirl said...

Meridian looks so good, realy looking forward to that one. Enjoy all your books! :)

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

Meridian looks great and Evermore is brilliant. Happy reading!

Tales of Whimsy said...

O Saving Juliet and Evermore are on my TBR list too :) I just love the Saving Juliet cover.

Jen said...

Meriden looks so good ^_^ Have fun!