Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mail Call!

Here's what what in my mailbox this week (created by the Story Siren):

Suite Scarlett  by Maureen Johnson
   Scarlett Martin has grown up in a most unusual way. Her family owns the Hopewell, a small Art Deco hotel in the heart of New York City. 
   When each of the Martins turn fifteen, they are expected to take over the care of a suite. For Scarlett's fifteenth birthday, she gets both a room called the Empire Suite and a permanent guest named Mrs. Amberson. Scarlett doesn't quite know what to make of this C-list starlet and world traveler. And when she meets Eric, an astonishingly gorgeous actor who has just moved to the city, her summer takes a second unexpected turn.
   Before the summer is over, Scarlett will have to survive a whirlwind of thievery and romantic missteps. But in the city where anything can happen, she might just be able to pull it off.
I won this book as well as a $50 PB Teen gift card (yay!) from a Chick Lit Teens contest, and I'm so excited! I've been wanting to read this book for the longest time and now I have my own awesome paperback copy, complete with a gorgeous cover and all!

Airhead by Meg Cabot
   Emerson Watts didn't even want to go to the new SoHo Stark Megastore grand opening and had zero interest in meeting the newly appointed Face of Stark, teen supermodel sensation Nikki Howard.
   But how was Em to know that disaster would strike, changing her--and life as she'd known it--forever? One bizarre accident later, and Em Watts, always the tomboy, never the party princess, is no longer herself. literally.
   Now getting her best friend, Christopher, to notice
 she's actually a girl is the least of Em's problems.
   But what Em's pretty sure she'll never be able to accept might just turn out to be the one thing that's going to make her dreams come true...
   Emerson Watts is gone. Nikki Howard is here to stay.
I also won this from a Chick Lit Teens contest. Once again, I can't wait to begin--I've heard great things about this book and I know that if it's by Meg Cabot, it's got to be good!

The Sweet Life of Stella Madison by Lara M. Zeises
   When Stella Madison's food-loving parents help her land a summer job at the local newspaper, there's only one catch: she's expected to write about food. Luckily, Stella has Jeremy, the hot new intern at her mom's restaurant, who's more than happy to help. But where does that leave Stella's boyfriend, Max, who recently dropped the L-word? And could her separated parents be cooking up romances of their own?
I've been looking forward to reading this one for a l
ong time, so I finally splurged at B&N! I can't wait to begin!


When the Snow Fell by Henning Mankell
   As it has in the past, the first snow of the year signifies to Joel Gustafson his very own New Year's Eve. So when the snow begins to fall on a cold November day, Joel gets busy making new resolutions--three, to be exact.
   As the winter days pass, life becomes ever more complicated. Joel has questions and the answers don't necessarily come easily, but he is determined to keep his resolutions--for his father, for himself, and for their future.
I have never heard of this book or the two previous books in this series, but Henning Mankell is apparently a well-known Swedish author, so I'll check it out to see how good it really is! This book comes out on August 11 from Delacorte Press.

Harry Potter Boxed Set 1-5 movies
Yay! These are my favorite movies, so I'm glad I ordered the set from Amazon so I can own them all!

12 comments:

Brooke Reviews said...

:D We both got Suite Scarlett! When the Snow Fell is a lovely cover, and it sounds interesting :)

Kristen said...

I own the 1-4 box set. :-D And then I bought #5. I also love the cover of When the Snow Fell. Great books/movies this week! Enjoy!

Katie said...

Wow you got some good books. I love Airhead and I can't wait to read Suite Scarlett. Also, the HP movies are some of my favorites too. Enjoy!

Briana said...

I just got done watching a Harry Potter marathon with my mom for the past two weeks. I kind of ... made her watch them lol.

-Briana

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. I just finished Airhead and it was really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

prophecygirl said...

Cool week - especially the HP boxset. :D

Airhead also sounds good, I really should read some Meg Cabot..

Tales of Whimsy said...

O I love the cover of When the Snow Fell. I can't wait for your review.

Unknown said...

Nice week. Love the HP set.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Psst :)
Please visit: http://talesofwhimsy.blogspot.com/2009/07/bloglands-pca-awards.html
To pick up your blog award

Anonymous said...

BookWorm Readers Is A Huge Hit On BookBlips.com

Hi There,

Your BookWorm Readers blog is a huge hit on BookBlips.com! If you haven't checked out our site already, you'll see that we're dedicated to highlighting the most popular book stories people are talking about on the Web every day.

We're currently contacting our most popular featured bloggers and asking them to claim their blogs. By doing so, you're making it easier for thousands of new fans to quickly find your blog and read all your great posts.

To quickly and easily claim your blog, click this link http://bookblips.dailyradar.com/blog/bookworm_readers/

Once you've claimed your blog, you and your fans can then vote on each of your posts to ensure they're featured on BookBlip's front page. And just so you know, every post that's featured on our front page gets moved up in the rankings on all the big search engines, like Google, Yahoo, etc!

If you have questions about the blog-claiming process or feedback on BookBlips.com, please contact us immediately. We're always here to help and we're anxious to send more fans your way.


Kind regards,
Marny Bassett,
Associate Editor

Jillian said...

Great suggestions! They all look like a great books. I'll have to add a few to my ever-growing reading list.

Another great book you're sure to love is one called 'Knickles and Diems'. It has hilarious characters and a really fun story; I'd recommend it!

Anyway, thanks for the reviews : )

Laina said...

Airhead is really really good!!

And I think I own the same boxed set...