Thursday, March 19, 2009

Waiting on Um...Thursday


Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita
Coming out May 1, 2009

   When Sam's best friend gets her first boyfriend, she's not ready to spend the summer listening to the two of them call each other "pookie".  Sick of being a third wheel, Sam applies to be a counselor-in-training at Whispering Pines camp in the New York Catskills. But what she doesn't realize is that it's not going to be all Kumbaya sing-alongs and gooey s'mores. If Ashley, the alpha queen of Whispering Pines, doesn't ruin Sam's summer, then her raging crush on the surfer-blond and flirtatious Hunter just might. At least she has playful Cole, who's always teasing her, but is oh-so-comfortable to hang out with, and the singular gang of girls that become fast friends with Sam--they call themselves the Sleepaway Girls.
Why do I want to read this one?
a) I love Jen Calonita (Secrets of My Hollywood Life...yay!)
b) I love light summer reads
c) I love summer camp stories....so fun!
I definitely can't wait for this one!!! (:


The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
Came out on March 3, 2009

   When Lucinda Chapdelaine was a small child, her parents left for the royal ball and never returned. Ever since, Lucinda has been stuck in perpetual servitude at her evil aunt's jewelry store. Then, on the very same day, a mysterious visitor and an even more bizarre piece of jewelry both enter the shop, setting in motion a string of twists and turns that will forever alter Lucinda's path. In this magical story filled with delightful surprises, Lucinda will dance at the royal ball, fall under the Amaranth Witch's spell, avenge her parents' death, and maybe-just maybe-capture the heart of a prince.
I know that this one already came out, but I'm definitely ordering it off of Amazon! I absolutely love fairytales, and doesn't this one sound amazing in particular? To anyone who's read it: How was it? Sigh. Another add to my humongous wishlist...(:
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, we must be on the same wavelength! :} I'm posting a WoW tonight as well...but only because the finalized cover for Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover came out and I really liked it!

I want to read Amaranth Enchantment too...and I agree - Sleepaway Girls sounds like it will be really fun :)

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Oooh-I want the Julie Berry book! I've read some great reviews and I really can't wait to read it!:)

Simply_Megan said...

I read Sleepaway Girls and loved it! You'll really like it - it's definitely a light summer read.

Jen said...

Amaranth looks gorgeous!

(: Isa :) said...

Both books sound really cool! I'm also an addict to fairytales which means I love anything by Gail Carson Levine who's awesome!!