Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday!



Shrinking Violet by Danielle Joseph
Coming out May 5, 2009

   High school senior Teresa Adams is so painfully shy that she dreads speaking to anyone in the hallways or getting called on in class. But in the privacy of her bedroom with her iPod in hand, she rocks out--doing mock broadcasts for Miami's hottest FM radio station, which happens to be owned by her stepfather. When a slot opens up at The SLAM, Tere surprises herself by blossoming behind the mike into confident, sexy Sweet T--and to everyone's shock, she's a hit! Even Gavin, the only guy in school who she dares to talk to, raves about the mysterious DJ's awesome taste in music. But when The SLAM announces a songwriting contest--and a prom date with Sweet T is the grand prize--Sweet T's dream could turn into Tere's worst nightmare...
Doesn't this just sound so amazing and unique? I love how fun and different the plot sounds from your typical YA book. I'm super-psyched about this one!

Stupid Cupid by Rhonda Stapleton
Coming out December 2009

   Felecity's no ordinary teen matchmaker...she's a cupid!
   Felecity Walker believes in true love. That's why she applies for a gig at the matchmaking company Cupid's Hollow. But when Felecity gets the job, she learns she isn't just a matchmaker...she's a cupid! (There's more than one of them, you know.)
   Armed with a hot pink, tricked-out PDA infused with the latest in cupid magic (love arrows shot through email), Felecity works to meet her quota of successful matches. But when she bends the rules of cupidity by matching her best friend Maya with three different boys at once, disaster strikes. Felecity needs to come up with a plan to set it all right, pronto, before she gets fired, and before Maya ends up with her heart split in three.
Doesn't this one just sound delightfully fun? I mean, how could you pass up a light, funny-sounding story about a teen cupid? In fact, it kind of reminds me of some of my favorite books, Sarah Mlynowski's Magic in Manhattan: magic, romance... Honestly, I'm dying for this one! Rhonda, got any ARCs to spare? (:
PS. Isn't the cover just adorable? And I love the titles: the other two books are called Flirting with Disaster and Pucker Up. Genius? I know!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They both sound lighthearted and cute!

Genevieve said...

Shrinking violet sounds SO Good! I can't wait to read it.

The Book Resort said...

I have something 4 ya @
http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/

Erika Powell said...

I am waiting on both of them too! I really can't wait for Shrinking Violet though.

Thao said...

Both books are super cute! NIce choices.

Rhonda Helms said...

Thanks for the shout-out!!

Shrinking Violet DOES sound fantastic. There are SO many killer books coming out this year!!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Oh how I want Stupid Cupid!!! I really wouldn't mind if a copy magically appeared at my door;) I really can't wait to read it.

Silvia said...

Shrinking violet is in my wish list too. It sounds like a funny read!